Last fall HBO’s hit series Insecure became a cultural phenomenon practically as soon as it premiered. It quickly landed repeated spots on critic’s lists for 2016’s best shows and even garnered series creator and star Issa Rae a Golden Globe nomination. The ratings were great, the buzz was even better and the social media numbers courtesy of #BlackTwitter were through the roof, making a second season a no-brainer. Now, Issa Rae gave fans the news they have been waiting for since the season finale, as she announced the second season premiere date on Twitter.
If you’ve been dying to find out about the relationship situations with Issa, Lawrence, Molly and Daniel, be sure to make room on your calendar for Sunday nights this July. Issa Rae surprised Insecure fans when she revealed in a video on her Twitter account that the HBO comedy would officially return to TV screens on July 23, for what is sure to be an explosive season, if the season one finale is any indication.
You can take a look at Issa’s video reveal BELOW:
While she doesn’t reveal any of the juicy details of the Issa/Lawrence breakup or where Molly currently stands on her quest for love, she has provided us with enough anticipation to hold us over until the summer premiere. Insecure is officially back ya’ll!
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
Also On Z 107.9:
See The Kardashian/Jenners Dramatic Transformation Over 10 Years
24 photos Launch gallery
1. When KUWTK premiered in 2007, the Kardashian/Jenner klan was still bright eyed and bushy tailed.
1 of 24
2. Kim Kardashian
2 of 24
3. Back then, she was known as the girl from the sex tape and barely knew how to pose of the red carpet.
3 of 24
4. Kim’s Love Life
4 of 24
5. Kim & Kourtney Kardashian before KUWTK debuted (2006)
5 of 24
6. Kourtney Kardashian
6 of 24
7. But her tumultuous relationship with Scott Disick kept fans interested in her story.
7 of 24
8. 3 kids and 10 years later, hot mama Kourt is single and ready to mingle.
8 of 24
9. Khloe Kardashian
9 of 24
10. We watched her fall in love and marry Lamar Odom within 30 days — and divorce him four years later
10 of 24
11. We also saw her try to get her mojo back with some of the hottest rappers and athletes in the game after a difficult divorce.
11 of 24
12. These days, the rumoured mom-to-be is spending her days in Cleveland with boyfriend Tristan Thompson.
12 of 24
13. Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner (2007)
13 of 24
14. Kendall Jenner
14 of 24
15. Back in 2013, Kendall decided to take her love for modeling seriously and now she’s the most sought after supermodel in the game.
15 of 24
16. Kylie Jenner
16 of 24
17. But about six years into the show, the rumoured mom-to-be proved that she had the potential to be the new star of the family.
17 of 24
18. Rob Kardashian
18 of 24
19. Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna
19 of 24
20. Kris Jenner
20 of 24
21. Kris and Caitlyn Jenner
21 of 24
22. Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble
22 of 24
23. Bruce Jenner
23 of 24
24. Caitlyn Jenner
24 of 24