resident Donald Trump told reporters at the White House on Tuesday that the United States “will handle” the situation in North Korea after the rogue nation launched yet another intercontinental ballistic missile earlier in the day.
“We will take care of it,” Trump said, adding later that North Korea “is a situation that we will handle.”
The Pentagon confirmed earlier Tuesday that North Korea launched what the US military believes to be an intercontinental ballistic missile.
Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis told reporters that the North Korean missile test went “higher, frankly, than any previous shot they have taken.”
Mattis made remarks as he sat in on a meeting with Trump, House Speaker Ryan and Senate Majority Leader McConnell. The defense secretary added that North Korea has the ability to hit “everywhere in the world basically.”
Pentagon spokesperson Col. Rob Manning told reporters that the missile was “launched from Sain Ni, North Korea, and traveled about 1,000 kilometers before splashing down in the Sea of Japan, within Japan’s Economic Exclusion Zone.”
“The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) determined the missile launch from North Korea did not pose a threat to North America, our territories or our allies,” Manning added.
CNN also confirmed the launch with the South Korean military leaders. Continue reading on [HERE].