Council adopted legislation expanding the city’s existing nondiscrimination law that covers public accommodations to include transgender people.
The City of Cleveland said the ordinance removes language currently in the City Code that allows business owners and employers to determine what bathroom or facilities a transgender person may or may not use.
The current code said business owners or employers are allowed to deny a patron or employee access to bathrooms, showers, locker rooms, or dressing facilities even though they are consistent with the person’s individual gender identity or expression.
City law also banned discrimination based on race, religion, gender, handicap, ethnicity and other protected classes.
1. Epic Weekend in the books!! #RootsPicnic #Philly
1 of 15
2. Great performance from @willowsmith who during her set brought out her dad and @djjazzyjeff who performed "Summertime" #rootspicnic
2 of 15
3. The Queen of the Smith tribe
3 of 15
4. the legendary @blackthought he is currently doing all those promos for the NBA Finals which are pretty cool.
4 of 15
5. Little Willow Smith putting it down on stage with Will Smith. #lit #summertime #rootspicnic2016 #rootspicnic #epicness
5 of 15
6. The dog @dmx has always been a man of the people
6 of 15
7. #rootspicnic flow
7 of 15
8. Legendary @djdnice who helped put together Usher's show with the Roots #rootspicnic
8 of 15
9. But why is the man at the end trying to jump on 😭😂😭😂😭😭😭 #rootspicnic #omeeka
9 of 15
10. @yazzthegreatest was on deck this weekend at the #RootsPicnic ... Salute to you Yazz for all your success thus far... #RootsPicnic2016 #Philly #ShayStar #DreamChasers #Empire #HakeemLyon >>> pic by @damel10