A small Kentucky church has chosen to ban marriages and even some worship services for interracial couples. The Gulnare Freewill Baptist Church, located in Pike County, made the vote in response to a longtime member who is engaged to a man whose birthplace is in Zimbabwe.
Other pastoral leaders in the area were quick to denounce the church’s vote. “It’s not the spirit of the community in any way, shape or form,” Randy Johnson, president of the Pike County Ministerial Association, told the Lexington Herald-Leader.
The small congregation, which usually hosts about 40 members each Sunday, held the vote after longtime member Stella Harville, brought her fiancé Ticha Chikuni to church with her in June. The couple performed a song together at the church in which Chikuni sang “I Surrender All,” while Harville played the piano.
full story here:
- Matt Breaks His Silence on Gloria’s Split: Claims She “Smashed the Homie”
- Chris Brown Temporarily Says Goodbye to Twitter Over Rihanna
- Lauren London Pregnant By The Dream?!
- Basketball Wives Miami Adds 2 New Cast Members!
- VIDEO: Rocsi Talks About Being Sexually Harassed By Lil Webbie
- Nicki Minaj & Cher Twitter Beef!
- Fight! Fight! Reality TV Gets Even Real’er!
- Rocsi of 106 & Park Finally Speaks Out About Webbie Harrassing Her! [VIDEO]
- Beyonce, 6 Months Pregnant In “Countdown” Video
- SMH! Los Angeles Rapper Murders Rival Rapper….Over Twitter! [VIDEO]