It looks like Massachusetts doesn’t have the means to stop anyone from using their EBT cards to buy liquor, porn, or even guns, according to the Boston Herald. Critics say that the “state needs to tighten up” on their rules on what EBT cards can be spent on.
EBT cards can be banned at specific stores and locations, such as casinos and cruise ships (say what?!), but when it is accepted at a store, it can be hard for the system to differentiate the items that are purchased.
Critics (or the EBT police in my mind) say that a ban is pretty much pointless because someone can always take out money from the ATM and spend it on whatever they’d like.
It also turns out that last year the welfare commissioner had to resign because $25 million in EBT money was going to people who weren’t eligible. Now they are trying to create a “product verification system” to cut down on products that shouldn’t be purchased with the card.
So if you live in Mass, and you have an EBT card, it looks like now is the time to stock up on a thing or two before they shut it down
What is the craziest item you’ve heard that was purchased with an EBT card?
Like z1079 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
- Once You Go Black You Never Go Back, Kendrick Lamar Wanted To Bring Sexy Black In “Poetic Justice” [VIDEO]
- Lil Wayne Reveals ‘I Am Not A Human Being 2′ Tracklist
- How To Protect Yourself From HPV ?
- Ciara Sings Preview of New Single “Body Party” in Bathroom
- MTV’s Hottest MC’s In The Game Right Now Puts Meek Mill #10 Future #9 & Big Sean Above Kanye West? [Videos]
SMDH: Swipe Your EBT, You Can Buy Guns, XXXPorn, Liquor and more [WTF News] was originally published on theurbandaily.com