Source – TheFrisky
Nobody wants to see a good thing go to waste, but today people aren’t willing to put in the hard work to keep things going. Below are 5 simple and easy tips that just might save your relationship.
1. Never pass up the chance to cuddle. Physical affection is so, so important in any intimate relationship, and in this age of constant distractions, it sometimes takes a concerted effort to make sure it happens frequently and meaningfully. If your partner gives you a hug, take a second to lean into their chest and enjoy that moment. Go to bed 15 minutes earlier (or set your alarm 15 minutes earlier) to give yourselves time to cuddle before you fall asleep or when you first wake up. It’s the best way to start and end the day.
2. Check yourself before you project yourself. When you start feeling upset or resentful, stop to ask yourself what’s going on inside of yourself before taking it out on the other person. Seriously, 99% of the time your issue isn’t even with your partner; you’re just projecting something onto them. A little self-reflection goes a long way.
3. Shower together. If you’re both busy (and who isn’t?!), showering as a couple can give you extra time to connect without any distractions except some sexy soap lather.
4. Don’t wait for special occasions like birthdays and Christmas to buy or make each other little gifts. If you see a little something that reminds you of your partner, get it for them. If you feel like making them a special dinner, do it. One of my favorite sayings is “Never resist a generous impulse,” and that is doubly true in romantic relationships. It creates a feeling of spontaneity and generosity that lasts all year long.
5. Spend a minute looking at each other before bed. At the end of yet another long, crazy day, it’s tempting to start snoring as soon as you hit the pillow, but try to take a moment to face each other and look into your partner’s eyes, really look. It’s amazing how much closer this little exercise can make you feel.
Be sure to tune into the Midday’s weekly 10am-3pm with RoDigga!