Tupac may have died 17 years ago, but his music is still a money-making machine and his mother wants her share.
According to reports, Afeni Shakur filed a $1.1 million lawsuit against Entertainment One for unpaid royalties from Tupac’s 2007 album Beginnings: The Lost Tapes, which included songs recorded in the early stages of his career.
Court documents state that Entertainment One purchased the rights to the late rapper’s music, previously owned by Death Row Records, in July.
Afeni claims the company owes money but she’ not just looking for a fat check. As the co-administer of the Tupac estate, the mother is also asking for E One to hand over the master recordings for all of her son’s unreleased music.
We will be sure to keep you posted as new details arise.
- New Orleans Mother Arrested For Beating Baby To Death [VIDEO]
- Jimmy Kimmel Goes In on Kanye West: “Finally I’m In A Rap Feud” [VIDEO]
- MC Serch of 3rd Bass to Host Daytime Talk Show
- DWade on Being with Gabby Union: ‘A Celebrity Relationship is Very Hard’
- Shaunie O’Neal: The Days of Tami and Evelyn Dominating ‘BBW’ Are Over
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About “Family Matters”
Check Out This Gallery
Tupac’s Mother Files $1.1 Million Lawsuit For Unpaid Royalties was originally published on hellobeautiful.com