RAD Tips From Courtney Alexander (Flaunt Your Fitness Pole Instructor)
So now that you know more about the physical and mental benefits of pole dancing, allow me to leave you with a few more RAD tips from Flaunt Your Fitness owner, Courtney Alexander:
HelloBeautiful: So do tell Courtney, what made you get into pole dancing?
Courtney Alexander: I started about 5-6 years ago. A friend of mine invited me to take a class and I’ve been addicted ever since. I ran track in high school and college so it was great to be part of a “fitness community” again. My love of pole dancing is what initiated my fitness career.
HB: What advice would you give someone who is brand new to pole dancing?
CA: I would tell them to keep an open mind and to keep at it. People usually think pole dancing is easier than it looks. But with anything, it takes time and practice to master. The more you do it, the better you’ll get at it.
HB: So what if you are shy or uncomfortable being all sexy and stuff?
CA: The sexy dancing that is incorporated within pole dancing is uncomfortable for some in a group setting. So, get an alter ego, name her, and get ready to dance!
HB: So I’m getting a pole for the house ASAP! Do you recommend practicing pole dancing alone?
CA: Pole dancing is mainly offered in a group/class setting however there are also private one-on-one and semi-private options available as well. It’s always a good idea to have another person (a spotter) present because some of the moves can be very difficult and potentially dangerous if done alone. When a gymnast learns a new move her coach is present. The same mentality should be used with pole dancing.
HB: Ok, last question – what are some the safety precautions and risks one should know before they start a pole dancing practice?
CA: No lotion! You want to stick to the pole, not slide off of it. Also, don’t rush a move, have a spotter when trying difficult moves, and remember to engage your core. Form is important with all moves. You will have (pole) bruises from some of the moves – but that’s normal. And of course, remember to keep it fun (and sexy)!
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!
Check Out This Gallery Of Our Fave Fit Celebs!
Celebrity Fit Club: Our Favorite Stars Share Their Workout Regimen On Instagram
1. Celebrity Fit Club1 of 47
2. Morris Chestnut- On The Treadmill2 of 47
3. Usher-Run It3 of 47
4. Angela Simmons-Simple & Effective4 of 47
5. Angela Simmons-Go Deeper!5 of 47
6. Angela Simmons-Can't Stop, Won't Stop6 of 47
7. Angela Simmons-It's A Lifestyle7 of 47
8. Angela Simmons-Determination Is Key8 of 47
9. Angela Simmons-No Days Off9 of 47
10. Angela Simmons-Morning Training Sessions10 of 47
11. Angela Simmons-Live Life Out Loud11 of 47
12. Angela Simmons-Pose For The Camera12 of 47
13. Angela Simmons-Bend & Stretch13 of 47
14. Angela Simmons-Ready For Her Close Up14 of 47
15. Jordin Sparks-The Fit Selfie15 of 47
16. Jordin Sparks-Engages Her Core16 of 47
17. Jordin Sparks-Getting It Right & Tight17 of 47
18. Jordin Sparks-Gaining Weight18 of 47
19. Jason Derulo-Shooting In The Gym19 of 47
20. Jason Derulo-No Gym, No Problem20 of 47
21. Mo'Nique-Always Motivating21 of 47
22. Mo'Nique-Workin' Those Arms22 of 47
23. Mo'Nique-Keeping It Real, Keeping It Tight23 of 47
24. Mo'Nique-Makes Us Remember To Work For It24 of 47
25. Mo'Nique-Never Gives Up25 of 47
26. Mo'Nique-Showing Off What Amazing Looks Like26 of 47
27. Keri Hilson-Takin' The Stairs27 of 47
28. Brandy-Getting It In!28 of 47
29. Brandy-Making Transformations29 of 47
30. Jeanette Jenkins-She Is The Prototype30 of 47
31. Jeanette Jenkins-She Plans Ahead To Get Ahead31 of 47
32. Jeanette Jenkins-Flexible On Fridays32 of 47
33. Jeanette Jenkins-Fit Foodie33 of 47
34. Kelly Rowland-She's Got Friends In Fit Places34 of 47
35. Kelly Rowland-Drink Good, Look Good35 of 47
36. Kelly Rowland-Abs For Days36 of 47
37. Serena Williams-She Knows How To Hang37 of 47
38. Mary J. Blige-Her Hubby's Getting It In!38 of 47
39. Mary J. Blige-Throwin' Them Bows!39 of 47
40. Mary J. Blige-Getting Them Glutes!40 of 47
41. Mary J. Blige-Hard Work Pays Off, Look At That Body!41 of 47
42. Mary J. Blige--Work Them Arms Girl!42 of 47
43. Mary J. Blige-She's Got Legs & She Knows How To Use Them43 of 47
44. Michelle Obama-Let's Move!44 of 47
45. Sherri Shepherd-No More Girdles!45 of 47
46. Sherri Shepherd-Dance The Pounds Away46 of 47
47. Khloe Kardashian-She Works Hard Even When She Doesn't Want To47 of 47
Get Fit Pole Dancing: 5 Reasons You Should Always ‘Flaunt Your Fitness’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com