After a nearly seven-month hospitalization, Bobbi Kristina Brown — the daughter of the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown — died Sunday at a hospice center in Atlanta.
The 22-year-old, who was found unconscious in the bathtub of her Atlanta home in January, was surrounded by family members at the time of her death.
“She is finally at peace in the arms of God,” the Houston family said in a statement to E! News. “We want to again thank everyone for their tremendous amount of love and support during these last few months.”
Brown’s death comes three years after her mother’s tragic passing. Houston was found in a similar manner — unconscious in a bathtub — hours before she was scheduled to appear at a Grammy Award’s party at the Beverly Hilton hotel.
In June, aunt Pat Houston told E! News that Brown “continued to deteriorate” despite the hospital’s efforts.
“Despite the great medical care at numerous facilities, Bobbi Kristina Brown’s condition has continued to deteriorate. As of today, she has been moved into hospice care. We thank everyone for their support and prayers. She is in God’s hands now.”
Earlier this month, longtime boyfriend Nick Gordon was hit with a $10 million lawsuit filed by the estate of Brown that accused him of dragging her upstairs by her hair, stealing money, and knocking out her teeth before she was discovered comatose.
We’ll keep you updated with the latest as this story develops.
SOURCE: EONLINE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO SOURCE: NDN
Bobbi Kristina Through The Years (PHOTOS)
1. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive to Los Angeles on June 9, 1993.1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston, singer Bobby Brown, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend Bobby Brown’s 25th Birthday Party on February 4, 1994 at Tavern on the Green.2 of 25
3. Bobby Brown and daughter Bobbi Kristina circa March 1994.3 of 25
4. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive from New York City on June 18, 1995.4 of 25
5. Mommy’s girl! Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown depart for New York City on July 1, 1995 at Los Angeles International Airport.5 of 25
6. Singer Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend “The Preacher’s Wife” premiere together in New York City on December 9, 1996.6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, & Bobbi at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills circa October ’98.7 of 25
8. Daughter Bobbi walks the carpet with her mother Whitney Houston in March of 1999.8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston with her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown and husband Bobbi Brown onstage during a concert on July 16, 1999.9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston kisses her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown during the 1st Annual BET Awards on June 19, 2001.10 of 25
11. Bobby, Whitney, and Bobbi pose for a flick at he 2002 VH1 Divas show.11 of 25
12. Whitney, Bobby, and Bobbi smile during Praise Power in 2003.12 of 25
13. The Browns posed with Mickey and Minnie at “The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” premiere.13 of 25
14. Bobbi Kristina Brown and Whitney Houston perform in Central Park on September 1, 2009.14 of 25
15. Bobbi and Whitney wore all black to the 2009 American Music Awards.15 of 25
16. Bobbi hugs her mother at the 2011 Pre-GRAMMY Gala and Salute To Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen.16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston and her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive at Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love Of R&B GRAMMY Party.17 of 25
18. Bobbi Kristina arriving at Whigham Funeral Home for a private viewing for her mother, Whitney Houston.18 of 25
19. Pat Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown accept the Millennium Award on behalf of Whitney Houston onstage at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.19 of 25
20. Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon at the premiere of “Sparkle” at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood.20 of 25
21. Bobbi salutes the poster for her mother’s movie during the premiere of “Sparkle” at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood.21 of 25
22. Bobbi Kristina at the We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney event.22 of 25
23. Cissy Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown attend “The Houstons: On Our Own” Series Premiere Party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in NYC.23 of 25
24. Nick Gordon kisses Bobbi Kristina Brown at “The Houstons: On Our Own” series premiere party.24 of 25
25. Bobbi Kristina Brown attends the GRAMMY Gift Lounge during the 56th Grammy Awards at Staples Center.25 of 25