Landing the cover of Rolling Stone is quite a pivotal moment in any musician’s career, and for The Weeknd, it’s his most proud moment yet.
The “Can’t Feel My Face” singer covers the newest issue of the prestigious music magazine, which is the lead-up to his in-depth interview with them.
Inside the issue, The Weeknd talks on a slew of topics ranging from losing his virginity, his new girlfriend Bella Hadid, how he’s adjusting to fame and much more.
Check out some excerpts from The Weeknd’s Rolling Stone interview below.
When it comes to adjusting to his fame, he stated, “I just started being fancy, to be honest. Like, I just started learning how to pronounce what I’m wearing.”
As for why he doesn’t like doing interviews, he confessed, “Me not finishing school– in my head, I still have this insecurity when I’m talking to someone educated. I don’t want them looking at me like this f–king retard – no disrespect.”
Commenting on his drug past, he revealed, “I never needed detox or anything. But I was addicted in the sense of ‘F–k, I don’t want to spend this day without getting high. Like, ’08 to 2010 –those are my hazy years.”
Speaking on his currently new girlfriend training for the Olympics, he commented, “I read that! I hope she does. I’ve never seen her do it, but word on the street is she’s bangin’ at it.”
He even talked about why it was the right time for them to be together, stating, “If I’d met someone two years ago, I probably would’ve f–ked it up. But I’m more – how do I say it? – clear-thinking now.”
The Weeknd even told the story of losing his virginity, explaining, “She was so drunk. I was drunk too. It was the worst experience of my life. Losing your virginity to an older woman sounds good, but it was kinda like, ‘Oh s–t, it’s done?’”
To read the rest of the interview, head over to Rolling Stone, and pick up your copy on Friday.
SOURCE: Rolling Stone | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram
Also On Z 107.9:
See The Kardashian/Jenners Dramatic Transformation Over 10 Years
24 photos Launch gallery
1. When KUWTK premiered in 2007, the Kardashian/Jenner klan was still bright eyed and bushy tailed.
1 of 24
2. Kim Kardashian
2 of 24
3. Back then, she was known as the girl from the sex tape and barely knew how to pose of the red carpet.
3 of 24
4. Kim’s Love Life
4 of 24
5. Kim & Kourtney Kardashian before KUWTK debuted (2006)
5 of 24
6. Kourtney Kardashian
6 of 24
7. But her tumultuous relationship with Scott Disick kept fans interested in her story.
7 of 24
8. 3 kids and 10 years later, hot mama Kourt is single and ready to mingle.
8 of 24
9. Khloe Kardashian
9 of 24
10. We watched her fall in love and marry Lamar Odom within 30 days — and divorce him four years later
10 of 24
11. We also saw her try to get her mojo back with some of the hottest rappers and athletes in the game after a difficult divorce.
11 of 24
12. These days, the rumoured mom-to-be is spending her days in Cleveland with boyfriend Tristan Thompson.
12 of 24
13. Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner (2007)
13 of 24
14. Kendall Jenner
14 of 24
15. Back in 2013, Kendall decided to take her love for modeling seriously and now she’s the most sought after supermodel in the game.
15 of 24
16. Kylie Jenner
16 of 24
17. But about six years into the show, the rumoured mom-to-be proved that she had the potential to be the new star of the family.
17 of 24
18. Rob Kardashian
18 of 24
19. Rob Kardashian And Blac Chyna
19 of 24
20. Kris Jenner
20 of 24
21. Kris and Caitlyn Jenner
21 of 24
22. Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble
22 of 24
23. Bruce Jenner
23 of 24
24. Caitlyn Jenner
24 of 24