Shawty Lo suffered an untimely death in a fiery ATL car crash earlier this week after he lost control of his 2016 Audi and reportedly struck a tree. What police initially thought was a hit-and-run turned out to be a single car accident that left the “Dey Know” rapper dead, and his 11 children fatherless.
After news of the tragedy hit, WorldStarHipHop premiered Shawty Lo’s final music video, “Put Some Respek On It.” In the video, he’s seen flaunting tons of cash, cars, and jewelry, and having a good time.
Global Grind also got its hands on some dope footage of the late rapper, courtesy of Hot 107.9 and KingSize Multimedia Group. In it, Shawty Lo discussed his father’s recent passing of a September 6 heart attack, saying the appearance at his manager’s All White Affair was the first time he’d left his house since. Looking clean in his all white, Shawty Lo performed “Done It All” and showed a lot of love to the media and everyone in the building.
May the King of Bankhead rest in peace.
SOURCE: Hot 107.9 | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,' died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer's disease.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson's.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in 'Star Wars,' passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in 'Not Another Teen Movie.'Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. 'The Voice' star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. 'Blood, Sweat, & Heels' reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince's protegée and ex-girlfriend.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson's disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. A Tribe Called Quest rapper Phife Dawg passed away on March 22 due to complications from diabetes. He was 45 years old.Source:Getty 14 of 14
RIP: Shawty Lo Addressed His Father’s Death During His Last Performance was originally published on globalgrind.com