According to NewsOne, “with nearly 50 million Black people in the United States, Black consumers spend more than $1 trillion a year. Nielsen, which provides analytical insights about the habits of consumers, released an in-depth look at Black buying power to document the trends associated with that tremendously reliable level of spending.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
So why not use our black buying power to uplift our own by buying something we all use every day….clothes! Ohio is home to thousands of black fashion designers. In fact, Columbus was named the #3 city in the US for fashion just behind New York and Los Angeles. Everything from evening gowns to accessories there are so many talented designers in the Buckeye state to fill your closet with unique items to set you apart from others.
From Cincinnati to Cleveland we’ve curated a list of black designers living and creating in Ohio!
Know someone we missed? Click here
- This ‘Racist’ Jingle Is Being Replaced By A Song Written By Wu-Tang’s RZA
- LOCAL NEWS: Fire Restaurant at Shaker Square to Close Down Its Doors For Good
- The Disrespect Of DJ Screw: Slow + Reverb Is Gentrified Chopped & Screwed
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Lil Boosie Calls A Meeting With Mark Zerckinburger
- Obama Slams Trump Over USPS: He Prefers ‘Suppressing The Vote,’ Not ‘The Virus’
- Former Mayor Kucinich calls for Cleveland Public Power to Cut Rates
- ‘Little Brown Girl’: Misogynoir Attacks Against Kamala Harris, Explained
- The Kamala Harris Effect: Biden Campaign Fundraising Sets New Record Since VP Pick
- Drake’s New “Laugh Now Cry Later” Video f/ Lil Durk; Cameos From Kevin Durant, Odell Beckham Jr., and More
- A$AP Ferg ft. Nicki Minaj & MaidenTYO “Move Ya Hips,” 2 Chainz ft. Lil Wayne “Money Maker” & More