According to NBC4i, A spokesman said Wednesday that Gov. Mike DeWine has no immediate plans to lift Ohio’s statewide mask mandate despite recent decisions to do so in Texas and other states.
Dan Tierney, the governor’s press secretary, said that even people who have been vaccinated could still transmit a weakened form of the coronavirus to someone at risk of a serious case of COVID-19.
Tierney said Ohioans still need to wear masks and socially distance until the state reaches a critical mass of people who have received the vaccine.
Texas and Mississippi have relaxed restrictions put in place because of the pandemic. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio’s Fourth District, in addition to former state treasurer Josh Mandel, who is running for the U.S. Senate in 2022, have questioned why Ohio’s orders remain in place.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/gov-mike-dewine-has-no-immediate-plans-to-lift-ohios-mask-mandate/
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Enter To Win: SAWEETIE’s Best Friend National Sweepstakes!
- The Unhinging of (Faux) Captain America: The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Recap, Episode 4
- Rosie Perez Says She Was Never Asked to Attend the Oscars Since Her Nomination in the Mid-1990’s
- Dr. Pepper Unveils New “Zero Sugar” Soda Flavors!
- Proposed Texas Law Based on ‘Big Lie’ Advances Out of Committee
- Mictic’s Wearable Musical Device Allows You To Make Music Without Actual Instruments
- Partial Ban On No Knock Warrants Signed Into Kentucky Law After Bipartisan Compromise
- Busta Rhymes ft. Mariah Carey “Where I Belong,” Papoose “Sticks & Stones” & More | Daily Visuals 4.9.21
- #RIPDMX: In Honor Of The Legendary Dark Man X AKA DMX [Playlist]
- Isley’s Drop A New Look On Sunday Then New Music On Monday
- Long Live The Dog: DMX’s Best Guest Verses
Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com