It has been a tough month for Hip-Hop fans. Just one week after losing Yonkers rapper DMX, news broke that former Bad Boy artist Black Rob died of kidney failure at age 52. A memorial celebrating Rob’s life and music has been set for Friday (April 30), and will be streamed on Diddy’s REVOLT TV.
On Tuesday (April 27) artist and personal friend of Black Rob, Mark Curry, confirmed news of the planned memorial via Instagram.
“Join us as we gather to share our favorite stories and memories, to laugh and to cry in memory of our beloved Robert ‘Black Rob’ Ross,” Curry wrote in the caption. “We will always love you!! YouTube.com/RevoltTV.”
Rob’s health had been on the decline for some time now, and the rapper shared an update with fans just days before his passing.
“I’ve been dealing with this for five years,” Rob said in a video message. In addition to failing health, the rapper went on to detail his struggles with securing a home.
“Four strokes … I don’t got no house to live in — except maybe an apartment. Me and my man be trying to get together. I’m telling you man, this s–t is strange. It’s hard, you know what I’m saying? I don’t know what the people want to do, what the people going to say. I need some rest, man. Really, man. I need some rest. My side is killing me.”
Before signing to Bad Boy, Rob was part of a rap team named Alumni. His solo album, Life Story, debuted in 1999. The album featured the single “Whoa!” which went on to become his highest charting Billboard appearance.
- NBA All-Star Weekend Free Events: Register Now for Power of Sport Summit
- Nominate Today: Future History Makers 2022
- Historic College Basketball Matchup Taking Place In Cleveland For NBA All-Star Weekend
- Wild’N Out Is Comin’ To Town!!
- Why Rick Ross Says He’s Never Getting Married, New Album & More
- Win Tickets To See Aminé Live In Concert!!
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- Mary J Blige… Is Paying YOUR Rent Contest
- Give It To Me: 5 Reasons Timbaland Is The GOAT Producer
- Narrative Ye: Kanye West Says Travis Scott Put Him On To Daughter Chicago’s Birthday Party Location
- King Family Leads Cross-Country Actions Demanding Senate End The Filibuster To Pass Voting Rights Legislation
- New Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin Unveils ‘Day One’ Executive Order Banning Critical Race Theory
- DirecTV Set To Drop Trump Friendly Disinformation Network OAN
- Old Tweet Of Kyrsten Sinema Calling John Lewis Her ‘Hero’ Resurfaces As She Blocks Voting Rights
- Hip-Hop Wired Presents: CRT FRSH [Certified Fresh] Playlist 1.14.22
- Assata Shakur’s Co-Defendant Sundiata Acoli Fights For His Freedom After Nearly 50 Years In Prison
- Jim Jones & DJ Drama “Intro (Buckmouth),” Rick Ross ft. Dreamdoll “Wiggle” & More | Daily Visuals 1.14.22