According to NBC4i, an Ohio anti-abortion stronghold took an unexpected turn in announcing its support for a Democratic bill it said will hold “deadbeat dads accountable.”
The Center for Christian Virtue, a conservative Christian lobbying group based in Columbus, praised an Ohio bill Friday that would allow pregnant people to claim at least $5,000 in damages from a sexual partner who causes them to have an unintended pregnancy, introduced by state Sen. Tina Maharath (D-Columbus).
“Senator Tina Maharath’s legislation is an innovative approach to combat the hook-up culture that has led to broken lives, hurting women, and abandoned children,” Center for Christian Virtue President Aaron Baer said in a statement. “It’s time we hold these deadbeat dads accountable.”
Under Senate Bill 262, pregnant Ohioans can file a civil suit no later than five years after conception against whoever caused them to have an unintended pregnancy – and anyone who “aids or abets” the impregnator – regardless of the circumstances.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Ohio Media School: Be a Producer for a Day and Win $500 from Z1079
- Z1079 Summer Jam is Back!
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- Issa For President: Issa Rae Reacts To Her Own Barbie Doll In New Mattel Collection Celebrating The Upcoming Film
- Finally, Dwayne Johnson Confirms Luke Hobbs Return To ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- STREAMED: Kendrick Lamar & Baby Keem Link Up For “The Hillbillies,” Latto Taps Cardi B To “Put It On Da Floor Again,” & More
- Haters Are Review Bombing ‘The Little Mermaid’ & It’s Pretty Obvious Why
- Aminé Announces His New Balance Collab Is On The Way
- Megan Thee Stallion Reveals She’s Not Releasing New Music Until She’s “In A Better Place”
- Lil Uzi Vert Opens Up About Seven-Month Stint In Rehab: “The People There Became My Family”
- Win Bryson Tiller Concert Tickets!
- Issa Rae Talks Playing Marvel’s First Pregnant Superhero, Usher, Babies & More!
- eBay Launches Authentication For Streetwear Items
Ohio bill targets ‘deadbeat dads’: Pro-life group was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Teenage Mom in Cleveland Charged For Death of Twin Babies
VIDEO: Chelsea Handler Talks About Sex With 50 Cent & Dumping Him Because Of Ciara!!!
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing
Uh Oh! Naked Pic of Serena Williams Goes Viral!
Win $250 From Z1079!
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Nice Mini-Skirt: Why is Young Thug Wearing It?