Flo Rida accused Celsius Energy Drink of cutting him out of millions of dollars in earnings, and yesterday a jury in Florida finally agreed with him.
Flo Rida was awarded $82.6 million in a lawsuit that claimed the Florida-based energy drink company breached a contract that ran from 2014 to 2018. His argument was that, after coming on as an endorser, the company claimed not to be having high enough sales. He says that he was also promised 1% ownership, something that he never saw either.
In a statement from Flo Rida after the verdict, he said “This was a long journey, but we prevailed. From the start, I only wanted what I worked for, nothing more, nothing less.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Via NBC News...
During closing arguments, Flo Rida’s attorney John Uustal said his client had not sought a specific dollar amount in his lawsuit but the 1% ownership he was promised.
In a separate statement, Uustal said that he and his client relied on the jury to navigate the “complicated legal issues” involved in the case.
To read the entire NBC News reports, [click here].
With so much scrutiny surrounding the legal system in this country, it’s nice to see a win for someone other than big business for a change. To wrap up his statement Flo Rida’s lawyer concluded, “I’m glad, in this case, the jury concluded that Flo Rida should get what he worked for.”
- The Nightly Spirit: Smokie Norful Confirms New Music For March, Reconfirms His Ministry To God
- Ice Spice & Doja Cat Connect For Instagram’s ‘Close Friends Only’ Podcast Episode
- Donald Glover Stars In Amazon Prime’s ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ Trailer
- Win $250 Holiday Cash From Z1079!
- Russell Simmons Says He Took Several Lie Detector Tests Since Accusations Came Forth
- US Marshals Arrest 135 Major Gang Members & Fugitives In Akron
- Just Do It: Tiger Woods & Nike Reportedly Looking To Part Ways
- Ex-Jacksonville Jaguars Employee Accused Of Stealing Over $22M From NFL Franchise
- This Movie Theater Gave Me A Cozy, Opulent, VIP Experience For ‘Renaissance: A Film By Beyonce’
- The ‘Squid Game’ Universe Expands With Netflix’s ‘Squid Game: The Challenge’ Renewed For Season 2
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
All The Times Serena Williams Posted Nude Pics
OKC Thunder’s Josh Giddey Under Investigation For Alleged Relationship With A Minor, X Users Are Dunking On Him
Is Ashanti Pregnant? X Users Think Nelly Has ‘Sealed The Deal’
Win Free Tickets To See Drake & J. Cole In Cleveland!
Purchase Your Z1079 White Out Tickets Today!
VIDEO: Chelsea Handler Talks About Sex With 50 Cent & Dumping Him Because Of Ciara!!!
South Euclid Lyndhurst Principal Dies After Cancer Battle