Two students at an Ohio elementary school found themselves sick recently after eating marijuana-filled gummy edibles on school grounds.
Fairwood Elementary school, in Columbus, says that one of their students shared the marijuana gummies with another student, and they both became ill. The school nurse recommended the students go to the hospital while their parents were notified of the events.
According to FOX 8, the school notified all of the parents. They also recommended to them that students shouldn’t bring inappropriate substances from their parents, or any other adults, to the school.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
From FOX 8:
A similar incident happened last April at an Upper Arlington elementary school, in which a 10-year-old student shared marijuana gummies she believed to be Easter candy with five students. The father of that student was eventually charged and sentenced to a fine and probation.
To see the entire report from FOX 8, [click here].
The parents of the child could potentially face issues with law enforcement that could include heft fines. We’ll keep you updated, check back for new developments to this story.
RELATED: Here’s What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
RELATED: The New Michael Jordan Film Has a Connection to Ohio
RELATED: Ohio Pursues Lawsuit Against Norfolk Southern
Ohio Elementary School Students Sick After Eating Gummy ‘Edibles’ was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Teenage Mom in Cleveland Charged For Death of Twin Babies
VIDEO: Chelsea Handler Talks About Sex With 50 Cent & Dumping Him Because Of Ciara!!!
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
Uh Oh! Naked Pic of Serena Williams Goes Viral!
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Poll: Who Should Perform at Z1079 Summer Jam 2023? Vote Now!
Ohio Media School: Be a Producer for a Day and Win $500 from Z1079