[Courtesy of GlobalGrind]
Another tragic story out of Chicago.
Tyrone Lawson, 17, was shot and killed after a fight broke out at the end of a high school basketball game at Chicago State University.
Tyrone was shot around 9:20 p.m. outside the gymnasium near 95th Street and King Drive, according to Police News Affairs Officer Daniel O’Brien.
Shortly before the shooting, an argument had broken out in a handshake line after the game between Simeon Career Academy and Morgan Park High School, police said. The argument spilled into the parking lot and someone pulled out a gun and shot Lawson, officials said.
Each team was held in the locker rooms longer than normal after the game as tensions ran high in the gym, witnesses said.
University police issued a message to officers, asking them to watch for a Jeep. It was pulled over east of the school and two people were taken into custody, officials said. Police said they found a gun inside the Jeep.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Tyrone’s friends and family at this time.
- #RumerAlert | Could T.I. Be Signing To The Roc?
- “He Has A Name” | Tyrone Lawson Killed At Chicago HS Basketball Game!
- Guess Which Atlanta Housewife Is Engaged
- Tiger Woods Is Ready To Re-Marry and you would not beleive who!? [EXCLUSIVE]
- The Plot Thickens: Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o Admits He Knew “Catfish” Girlfriend Was A Hoax