(blackmediaSCOOP) Soul Food fans rejoice…word is your show may make a tv comeback! You may remember the original “Soul Food” series ran on Showtime from 2000 to 2004 and it might be returning to Fox.
Based on the 1997 same name film, the show focused on the constant struggles and trials of a Black family in Chicago after the matriarch of the family passed away.
In its early stages of development, Fox is looking to bring new life to the series and bring in a new generation of television watchers. The move is in step with a growing trend in the TV industry. Slowly but surely, more mainstream networks that were reluctant in the past are now making way for more Black-centered shows.
TBS in particular is leading the way with its African American comedy block led by Tyler Perry’s “House of Payne” and “Meet the Browns.” More shows are on the way.
As far as the new “Soul Food” is concerned, the cast, plot, and debut date all remain a mystery.
Most Popular Articles
- Keyshia Cole Celebrates 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Webbie Banned from 106 & Park For Talking Dirty to Rocsi! [VIDEO]
- Diggy Simmons Explicit Photos Surfaces
- Kent State Student Found Dead in his Dorm.
- 10 Mistakes Women Make in the Bedroom
- Beyonce Attempts To Prove She Really Is Pregnant, Shows Baby Bump [PHOTOS]
- Drake & Nicki Minaj Seen Making Out After “SNL” Performance!
- Meek Mills Frustrated After Wale Interrupts And Crashes His Interview
- LeBron James Dissed By Magic Johnson! [VIDEO]
- Rick Ross Before His Second Seizure [VIDEO]