Should we have seen this one coming? Lol
Details | Bossip
You’ll recall, Miguel lost to Frank for Best Urban Contemporary Album at the Grammy Awards this year and while everyone stood to clap for Frank, Miguel remained seated. Well, Miguel sheds light on the reasoning behind his R&B diva shade against Frank Ocean.
Miguel was asked about Frank Ocean going public with his sexuality and whether or not Frank doing that “eclipsed” his career.
Via Vibe Magazine:
“I don’t know if the word is eclipsed. [Long pause] That’s a really tough question to answer, man. In all reality, Frank Ocean took a big chance the way that artists are supposed to. I mean, even his album doesn’t sound like mine or anyone else’s. So sonically and how he writes and what he’s writing about and how he chooses to express himself vocally, all his choices are very unique, and I appreciate that about him. Not only did his announcement overshadow my music, but it overshadowed his as well. The general public was in awe and championing him for being brave enough to make that announcement publicly. I congratulate him for his successes. I would love to hear more of his music. He’s one of those artists that’s being himself and pushing boundaries. I gotta celebrate that.”
These two should just kiss and make
- Beyonce Shows Off H&M Summer Collection [Sneak Peak Photos]
- Fla. Cop Fired for Bringing Trayvon Targets to Gun Range
- On The Latest Episode Of R&Beef: Miguel VS Frank Ocean! [Poll]
- Can You Say Restraining Order? Amanda Bynes Is Still Tweet Stalkin’ Drake
- StarTrak Producer, J. Drew, Stars in New Series on BET, Announces Debut Album
- Beyonce: Blue Ivy Loves Music & Has Been Watching The Throne Since She Was In The Womb
- Rihanna Pops Bottles In Vegas For BFF Melyssa Forde’s Birthday [Photos]
Be sure to tune into the Midday’s weekly 10am-3pm with RoDigga!