In a still developing story, Cleveland authorities are investigating a late night shooting that left seven people hurt. WKYC spoke with Emergency Medical Services and confirmed that the incident happened Sunday (June 6) in the area of Woodbridge Avenue and Fulton Road.
EMS said two of the six victims transported to an area hospital were in critical condition. A seventh person who was shot refused to be taken to the hospital.
The shooting marks another violent incident involving gunfire across the state since the start of the month. On June 2, authorities responded to a “shots fired” call at a home in Springfield, Ohio.
Upon arriving to the scene, Lt. Randall Ballentine of the Springfield Police Department said their officer found multiple people shot. According to a report by CNN, one victim was transported by CareFlight to Miami Valley Hospital. Two individuals were taken into custody.
Another five shooting victims were taken to Springfield Regional Medical Center. Their conditions were not made available. The Gun Violence Archive lists the Wednesday morning incident as the 243rd mass shooting in 2021.
Gov. Mike DeWine said the shooting represents a growing trend throughout Ohio.
“What happened early this morning in Springfield is a tragedy, DeWine said. “In Springfield, gun violence there continues but it is not unique to Springfield. We see this in cities across our state.”
- We’re Hiring! Apply Now!
- Enter The Morning Hustle Cash Grab Game!!
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- 2nd Chance? Colin Kaepernick Completes Workout With Raiders!
- Locked Up! Yella Beezy is Back Behind Bars!
- ‘All He Had To Do Was Comply’: Houston Police Union Justifies Cop Fatally Shooting Jalen Randle In The Back Of His Neck
- Jussie Smollett Directed ‘B-Boy Blues’ to Debut on BET+
- Gov. Greg Abbott Uses Racist Chicago Trope After Uvalde Shooting
- ‘Martin’ Reunion Locks In Date On BET+ This June
- Watch: Fat Joe Admits He Played Himself By Beefing With Jay-Z
- The History Of Dana Dorsey: Miami’s First Black Millionaire
- We Get Our First Look At Xolo Maridueña As ‘The Blue Beetle’
- 70 New Marijuana Dispensaries Liscenced for Ohio
7 People Injured In Cleveland Shooting Sunday Night was originally published on newstalkcleveland.com