12 Interesting Facts About Bruce Jenner
was originally published on
1. Though he would eventually prove to be great at sports, Bruce lost his passion for academics early on in life due to his struggle with dyslexia. He went on to flunk the second grade.
2. Bruce Jenner might spend all of his time in Malibu now, but he was born in Mount Kisco, New York on October 18th, 1949.
3. After becoming an Olympic gold medalist in the 1970s, he was propelled into fame – Bruce is quoted as saying in part: “What I was hiding was that I had the same mindset as the nervous dyslexic schoolboy hiding from my teacher.”
4. Though Bruce didn’t have much interest in academics, he did go to college – mostly as a way to avoid getting drafted into the army.
5. According to Bruce, in 1990, he was living “in a one-bedroom Los Angeles bungalow, my sink piled high with dirty dishes and my living room decorated with a dried-out Christmas tree.”
6. Things turned around for Bruce when he met Kris. So it’s no surprise, they married just 5 months after they met in 1990.
7. Bruce is the proud owner of Bruce Jenner Aviation, a company that sells model aircrafts, as well as aircraft parts.
8. Bruce recently admitted to the world that he’s had a life-long struggle with gender, and will be transitioning into a woman. His entire family supports him.
9. Bruce Jenner’s net worth is reportedly more than 3x that of Kris Jenner’s, and is estimated to currently be at about $100 million.