If someone out there is looking for their 31 bricks that washed up on a beach in Alabama, rest assured, it is in safe hands. Police in Alabama say beachgoers stumbled across the 66 pounds of cocaine, wrapped in bundles, during a Monday night outing along the shore.
The massive find has a street value of $1.2 million, according to authorities.
Surprisingly, drugs washing up on the Gulf Coast isn’t all that rare: Local police said lost cocaine floats into their area about once a year – but they’ve never come across this much at one time.
The find was reportedly handed over to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and will will undergo tests in a laboratory to see if any other drugs are present. So far, no one has come forward to claim the misplaced cocaine, and Gulf Shores public information officer Sgt. Jason Woodruff says it is unlikely they will ever find the source.
“Unfortunately, we do not,” Woodruff said when asked if police have any leads on the drugs’ origins. “Almost too many scenarios to even try to speculate. This may happen once every year, but we rarely get many answers.”
Following the find, area police kept lookout on the beach in case any more drugs happened to wash ashore.
- Lil Baby, Lil Durk, Jeezy and Moneybagg Yo To Headline Summer Jam 2021 In Cleveland!
- 13th Annual WZAK Family Day at the Zoo
- Start Your Day With The Morning Hustle!
- Kyrie Irving Airs Out Nike, Says New Kyrie 8 Is Trash & He Had Nothing To Do With Them
- HHW Gaming: Krispy Kreme Selling Xbox-Themed Doughnuts To Celebrate 20 Years of Xbox
- Watch Diddy Interview Ex-Bad Boy Artist Turned Politician Shyne
- Already: Bun B To Open Trill Burgers Restaurant In Houston
- Costa Rican Gymnast Luciana Alvarado Cleverly Included BLM Tribute In Her Olympic Routine
- Slow Moonwalk: DaBaby Delivers Late Apology For Rolling Loud Miami Homophobia
- Still The GOAT: Simone Biles Will Not Participate In Individual All-Around Gymnastics Final #SimoneBiles
- Kanye West Shows Off Dorm Set Up In Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- SitYoAzzDown: Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis Say They Don’t Believe In Bathing Themselves – Or Their Kids
- Police Accountability: More Cops Are Being Punished For Not Stopping Brutal Officers Using Excessive Force