Nike is cutting one of its last remaining ties to Joe Paterno — removing his name from the child care building on the corporation’s campus.
The move comes just hours after independent investigators revealed the former Penn State coach helped cover-up facts about the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal.
Nike President Mark Parker said in a statement, “With the findings released today, I have decided to change the name of our child care center at our World Headquarters.”
Nike founder Phil Knight added, “It appears Joe made missteps that led to heartbreaking consequences.”
PSU sports teams have been outfitted by Nike since 1996.
VIDEO: Cleveland Browns Rookie Trent Richardson Celebrates 21st B-Day With Jamie Foxx!
- First Pic Of Evelyn Lozada’s Wedding To Chad Ochocinco!!
- PHOTO: Groupie Catches Lil Wayne Caught Slippin & Takes Pic Of Him In His Undies!
- WOW!: Nike Changing Name Of Joe Paterno Child Care Center
- POP CHAMPAGNE: Rapper 50 Cent CELEBRATES His 37th BIRTHDAY In Paris!
- Rumor Control: Is Fantasia Really Pregnant?!
- Love & Hip Hop Joseline: “I Had Sex With Stevie And He’s Delicious” [VIDEO]
- Bey’s Having That? New Destiny’s Child Album Coming This Year
Like z1079 on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities