Who’s excited right now? If the release of “Destiny Fulfilled” eight years ago signified the end of your favorite girl group, you’re in luck—somewhat. Matthew Knowles has announced that not just one, but two new albums are coming from the ladies with a few of their biggest hits and some new tracks no one has ever heard.
“We still have our joint venture with Sony, and in November, we’re putting out two Destiny’s Child catalog records with new material,” he told The Huffington Post during a recent interview.
Like z1079 on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities
Naturally, when you talk new music people immediately jump to the possibility of a tour, but Bey’s daddy says they’re not quite there yet.
“It takes a year of planning to do these tours, but first it starts with the artist wanting to do it. And I think the ladies are still working happily in their solo careers,” he said adding, “I hope in the next five years that there is a reunion tour. I think it would be incredible.”
When I read that I instantly thought of two things: Beyonce playing “Lose My Breath,” asking if the girls can keep up with her, and that time Michelle Williams fell on “106 & Park.” Bey has taken a stumble on stage before but her performance level has evolved so much since she left Destiny’s Child that I can’t even imagine what a group effort would look like. It’s not like she wasn’t the forerunner back then too though. Still, Matt says getting the girls to agree to the tour would be the least of their worries.
“The hardest thing would be choosing which songs they’re going to do, because we would want to mix it up with solo hits and Destiny’s Child hits. We would have to throw away some #1′s from off the set list.”
Mmmhhmmm. I’ll believe it when I see it. Will you check out DC’s new albums this fall? What about a reunion tour, can you see that happening? via MADAME NOIRE!
The Bickering Continues: Tameka Raymond’s Friend Says Support Kile’s Real Parents, Not Usher
- Congratulations Are In Order: Erica Dixon and Lil’ Scrappy Are No Longer Together
- Who Gon’ Check These Two? Rumor Has It Kandi and NeNe Get Physical On Season 5 Of RHOA
- Don’t “Ring the Alarm,” But Jay-Z Has A Celebrity Crush And It’s Not Beyonce
- Put On Blast: Christina Ella Ella Eh Says The Dream Bascially Sucks as a Dad
- D’Angelo and Mary J Blige Teaming Up for Liberation Tour
- POP CHAMPAGNE: Rapper 50 Cent CELEBRATES His 37th BIRTHDAY In Paris!
- Rumor Control: Is Fantasia Really Pregnant?!
- Frank Ocean Loves Hard On Channel Orange: Album Review
- Bey’s Having That? New Destiny’s Child Album Coming This Year