We’ve all been there: watching our favorite actor on-screen and fantasizing what it would be like to date him. Celebrities are no different. Remember when Jada Pinkett-Smith famously said she didn’t mind Will Smith’s celebrity crushes on Salma Hayek and Beyonce? Well, speaking of Beyonce, who knew that her husband, Jay-Z, has a fantasy celebrity crush?
When Nia Long sat down with Essence magazine for this month’s cover story, she talked about bumping into Beyonce’s hubby at an industry event:
“I saw him at a party and I complimented him on his long run in music.”
“But he turned it around and asked me: ‘How does it feel to be every boy from the hood’s fantasy girlfriend for 20 years?’. It made me laugh, I hadn’t really thought about it.”
Like z1079 on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities
It’s not surprising that Jay would’ve been crushing on Nia Long. She was in everything back in the day. She played in Boyz In the Hood, Friday, Love Jones, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Best Man and many other movies and television shows in the nineties, so she had to know she was the ultimate fantasy girlfriend. It’s gotta be flattering though to hear it from Beyonce’s husband. Beyonce is likely not threatened though, she knows she’s probably “every boy from the hood’s fantasy wife” right about now.
Of course the rapper was only joking and Ime Udoka (Nia Long’s boyfriend/babydaddy) doesn’t have anything to worry about. Jay-Z’s comment does give some insight to his charm though and possibly how he snagged Beyonce in the first place. Maybe the “99 problems” rapper with a penchant for calling women bytches and hoes is actually smoother than we thought!
What do you think? Was Nia Long your (or your dude’s) fantasy girlfriend back in the day? Who’s your celebrity crush? via MADAME NOIRE!
The Bickering Continues: Tameka Raymond’s Friend Says Support Kile’s Real Parents, Not Usher
- Congratulations Are In Order: Erica Dixon and Lil’ Scrappy Are No Longer Together
- Who Gon’ Check These Two? Rumor Has It Kandi and NeNe Get Physical On Season 5 Of RHOA
- Don’t “Ring the Alarm,” But Jay-Z Has A Celebrity Crush And It’s Not Beyonce
- Put On Blast: Christina Ella Ella Eh Says The Dream Bascially Sucks as a Dad
- D’Angelo and Mary J Blige Teaming Up for Liberation Tour
- POP CHAMPAGNE: Rapper 50 Cent CELEBRATES His 37th BIRTHDAY In Paris!
- Rumor Control: Is Fantasia Really Pregnant?!
- Frank Ocean Loves Hard On Channel Orange: Album Review
- Bey’s Having That? New Destiny’s Child Album Coming This Year