Usher has changed his tune and now wants to up his ante to settle his epic child support/custody war with Tameka Raymond after the jet ski accident that left his stepson Kyle brain dead … TMZ has learned.
Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ … Usher spoke with Tameka over the weekend and suggested that they settle up, but he did not significantly change his offer — 50/50 custody with a very slight increase in child support. Tameka said no way.
But apparently Usher softened after the conversation, because our sources say he met with his lawyers earlier this week and instructed them to craft a new proposal that would give Tameka “a majority” of custody, though the sources did not specify the exact breakdown. We’re told Usher is also raising his child support offer “significantly.”
As for Usher’s motivation … we’re told he’s very conscious that Tameka is suffering and it’s not a good move to continue the fight under the circumstances.
We’re told the offer has not been presented to Tameka yet, but our sources say she’s open to a “reasonable settlement.”
VIDEO: Cleveland Browns Rookie Trent Richardson Celebrates 21st B-Day With Jamie Foxx!
- First Pic Of Evelyn Lozada’s Wedding To Chad Ochocinco!!
- PHOTO: Groupie Catches Lil Wayne Caught Slippin & Takes Pic Of Him In His Undies!
- WOW!: Nike Changing Name Of Joe Paterno Child Care Center
- POP CHAMPAGNE: Rapper 50 Cent CELEBRATES His 37th BIRTHDAY In Paris!
- Rumor Control: Is Fantasia Really Pregnant?!
- Love & Hip Hop Joseline: “I Had Sex With Stevie And He’s Delicious” [VIDEO]
- Bey’s Having That? New Destiny’s Child Album Coming This Year
Like z1079 on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities